February 10, 2016

On the Road Again...


Traveling has been on my mind lately...but not just to travel but to "live in travel". 


I've been thinking alot about us becoming location independent and just letting God and life lead us to where we should live. 

It excites me to think about the possibility of it coming to pass.  

Could we actually do this?

Where would we go?


I've told Donnie that I've been thinking of staying in every one of the 50 states in 50 weeks....
umm...ok maybe not exactly every 50 but the lower 48.
  I think if I ended up in Alaska or Hawaii....I'd have to extend my stay just a bit.  

I actually had this conversation with him a few months back....it went like this: 

Me:  So I was thinking me and the kids would camp in our tent in every state in 50 weeks?

Donnie:  Huh?  What?  Did I hear you right?

Me:  Yeah...there are tons of families that do this all the time.  I would homeschool and we would live in our tent while moving every week to a different state.  Doesn't that sound absolutely awesome?! :) 

Donnie:  (he looks at me like i'm joking yet serious at the same time)  Oh...wow...I think you're serious! 

Me:  Yeah....heck yes, I'm serious!  It would be the coolest thing! I would just need you to stay and work so we could afford the travel.

Donnie:  Hey...that's no fun.  I would miss you!  I don't think I could do that!

Me:  (thinking about it...and now realizing that I couldn't bear the thought of being without my hubby)  You know....You're right babe.  I'd miss you so much.  :(     BUT...You could meet up with us once a month?  Huh?  That could work? 

Donnie:  Hmmm....maybe...wait...are you serious?  No seriously...you need to think about it.  You...the kids...in a TENT for a whole year.  And you don't have me to help you.

Me:  Eek..yeah...that doesn't sound like fun.  Oh yeah....maybe that isn't a good idea.  Oh Darn...I thought it could work. 

This conversation led to many more conversations about traveling and becoming location independent.  

I've been reading about other families who are indeed location independent.  I've found several.  

So I'm not the only crazy one out there...

(smile)

There is such a sense of FREEDOM in this type of thinking and living.  I've thought of living in my birth place of Chile with Donnie and the kids:  Exposing them to the culture and language; To know that there is more to this life in this world than the borders surrounding their city;
A world to live amongst people that they are yet to meet.  

The traveling bug has bit.




Yep...and speaking of that....We are set for a short little trip Valentine's day weekend.  

Not sure where we'll go....thinking of camping in south Florida 
or 
driving up north somewhere in hope to play in snow.  
Wherever we end up...we're making memories.


No comments: