July 20, 2010

A day away....

Life had become so overwhelming for me when Donnie was away with the older two 

children. 

It seemed we hardly ever had time to really talk about life anymore

I started to feel disconnected with him

I really don't like this feeling

I am not a surface type of person and when "problems" in life begin to brew.....

look out!!  

I will do what it takes to make things better....

Even if we have to make an emergency get-a-way...


I wanted just one day...

one whole day

alone

with him.



Sooooo....

Donnie asked his sweet mom to watch the children for us
while we took a little drive on over to the beach...

ahhhhhh






I think the beach has become one of my favorite places to be....

There is something that takes place deep in my heart when I come face to face

with the massive ocean and the waves....

The breeze blows and there I find some comfort and peace...






We had such a great time reflecting and revamping some of our vision, plans, and goals for 

the future

We are so uncertain what God will do during this time of our lives

Money is tight

job is uncertain

not sure about the business

but resting in the Lord.

This is all I can do....

REST



Here are some pictures we took on our day trip to St. Augustine Beach...

It felt strange not having the kids to photograph
So Donnie and I are the models this time around....

ha ha


Entering our destination



Had a cheap junk food lunch



Made our first stop..... the Birkenstock store


Just for a try on....not a buy
I thought these were cute


Thought this was a pretty little spot filled with grapes


Yep...they were real....and tasted bitter/sweet


Did a tiny bit of window shopping


Since all I wanted to do was to relax and talk


We hung our feet off the side of the walk


Wondered what it might be like to own a boat
or to even live on one...


Donnie took a potty break...
ahem...I held mine... ha ha


Came up the old fort but didn't take the tour


Only walked near the old fort


Saw a bride being photographed

Walked down this beautifully built boardwalk


Saw some amazing homes on our walk down to the beach


This was massive and vacant


Homes facing the beach.....

We stopped and wondered what it would be like to live in one

Hey....I would do it...it would be amazing!!


Arrived



Walked



and waded...

I love the feel of the ocean water on my feet...

Reflected


Laughed

Let my hair down and soaked it all in....


And of course reconnected with my babe....

14 comments:

mommyx12 said...

Wow, what a great time! It's nice to get have a day away at times isn't it.

Cinnamon said...

What a blessing to get to be alone :-)

~Cinnamon

Mrs. Taffy said...

Oh Chris...I totally know how you feel! I'm so happy you got a day away with your love! It's so important to keep that relationship strong and healthy--makes you a better mom! The pictures are wonderful!

Rosemi said...

How wonderful! You got my eyes all glossy. I feel the same way about the beach.

Thank you for stopping by and encouraging me. It really meant allot.

God bless you my friend!

Together We Save said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!

Christine said...

What a nice getaway!

momto9 said...

I want a getaway like that! How wonderful for you!

Jennifer said...

awh...fun...Brandon and I are going away 3 nights alone soon....very excited!

The Mayo Family said...

Hello~ What a sweet post...how nice of you to be "for real" and share that yall have these times! Lets be honest, how many of us do? At some point in our life? I know our older girls are encouraging my hubby & I to go away for a eve! As we have had 20months of hard economic times and daddy working three jobs. So...I can relate to the disconnected thing! I will keep you in prayer! Thanks for the post!
Blessings~
Lori

Teena said...

Hi! Found you on Cinammon's blog.

What a nice getaway. We are only about 3 hrs from St. Augustine.

Loved looking around.

Blessings,
Teena

Traci Michele said...

What a wonderful time you had together! Beautiful pics and special memories! Cherish them when times get tough.

Love,
Traci

pequenasbendiciones said...

Hey mama. Im so happy for you that you got a much needed day out with your hubby. You picked the perfect spot , the beach.I think the beach is so healing ,the smell the sand and the air . I wish you guys the best ! Thank you for the birthday wishes . What an interesting mix you have ! Sending prayers and blessings your way !

Sara L said...

Chris - sounds like SUCH a lovely day! Wish I had a MIL nearby - ha

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

How wonderful to spend some quality time together!