May 24, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

It has been quite sometime since I wrote anything truly from my heart. 

I feel I have avoided typing anything meaningful lately. 

Yes....
I do post my monthly slide-show but that's about it. 

Yes....
I have been busy keeping up with schooling,
 chasing the kids around,
keeping them on top of things...

or is it....

I am keeping myself on top of things....
hmmmm. 

I guess both. 

There are many days where I feel like life just moves....


When I am
doing,
going,
not really thinking.....


But then again,
I am....ALWAYS....thinking of life


I know....that....I am...
 Always in thought,
yet not always in serious prayer....
Thinking of what God is revealing in my heart.
the secret place of my heart.


I guess this is where I fail at times...
NOT
completely giving my heart in audible prayer.


So...
 does thoughtful,quiet prayer count in a Christian's life?


I am one who ponders on God and prays continually in heart and thoughts
 but many times these prayers don't come out of my
 mouth.


"I need to...."
I always tell myself...


"I just need to make the time and place to just let goooooo.....and....
 PRAY!"


BUT....
but
most of every.time.
they are thought-filled prayers..
prayers that are kept within the
secret chambers of my heart.


So, as I go about my days the thoughts that fill my mind
are thoughts of


"I'm waiting"

Waiting for what???  

That is what I don't know???

I guess life to 
"start..." 

But hasn't it already started...????

It started some odd years ago when I received Christ in my life...

making,
 letting 
Him BE
the Lord of and in my life. 

The Healer of my heart!!

The Hope of my dreams!!

Didn't it begin those many years ago with
a Love so
 new,
freeing,
yet mysterious. 

GOD....

JESUS...

What is He doing now...??

What is He showing me now...??


In that hidden place of my
Heart.
Mind...


Is it....

How much of an unthankful and pitiful woman I truly am???


How I feel like I haven't yet
mastered being this 
amazing woman,
wife,
mom,
daughter,
sister,
friend....
child of God?


Or is He knocking at the window of my soul.
my core. 
and speaking these words to me.


I LOVE YOU!!!

Could it be that I have never 
let Him 
LOVE ME as he needs to LOVE ME??


love me??


OH yes I know HE does...but have I let Him?


Soooo
In my search for more of
LIFE.LOVE.
COMMUNION with GOD...


a dear friend of mine happen to have
recommended a book written by a woman who has a heart for God and a heart to give thanks.


Oh.YES...
I need to give more thanks...


Thankfulness is truly a healing balm..
an anointing oil.
an elixir to complete enjoyment..
to the most beautiful,
peaceful,
phenomenal
parts of everyday life.
~~Gratitude~~

So I introduce you to
 (A Holy Experience) aholyexperience.com


(I even added some classical music to my blog since I fell in love with the peacefulness of hers)

If you haven't stumbled upon this blog before...
her writing is so beautiful and so encouraging in a way that it truly makes you weep in the awe and love of God.
She is a beautiful writer, with a beautiful heart.  

She has a book called
 "One Thousand Gifts".  
A beautiful, powerful book that reveals her journey into finding a more fulfilled life.  

Here is a glimpse in the type of book it is:  Click on the video to watch.  It takes only a few minutes....It will make you cry, smile, and love your family.....your life even the more!
(Don't forget to pause the music on this blog) 





After watching this short trailer for the book
I KNEW 
I had to order it.


I KNEW 
it was going to minister to my heart
and it has already.


It arrived yesterday.


I anxiously waited for this book to come in contact with my hands knowing that I was going to embrace every word and allow the Lord to minister to my heart
 through the writings of this lovely author.


"One Thousands Gifts"
 is already so beautiful in my heart...
I had to share with everyone of you.


I know
this book
will make me
ponder those moments of my day


Not to
take each and every moment as "just another day" of everyday humdrum


But another day 
Yes.
ANOTHER DAY
to embrace the gifts he has truly laid before my 
feet
eyes
nose
hands
...



These gifts can easily be overlooked


They can be seen as "nothingness"


In the reality of this life,
each and every moment,
gift,
 God brings
about in my life
 is to be
embraced.
not to be looked down at as
annoyance,
time wasters
or
simply
unimportant.


Each and every treasured moment is like
different colors being handed to me
for the painting of this mural
called: my life


But how...


How can I lay hold of each moment as
a piece of a puzzle waiting to come into connection
with the other pieces of this very
complex masterpiece??
How do I go figuring it out?


Could it be that I need to just....
slow down a bit
try not to "hurry up"...
and
 get this "day" over with?


Trying not to make things soooo
incredibly complicated
(aha...I tend to do this ALOT)
but looking 
to understand
that with each and every moment
 He is walking with me....
loving me



2 comments:

momto9 said...

Oh I feel like this a lot..waiting for life to start..perhaps its an other form of "the grass is greener" syndrome!!! Thanks for the reminder. Each day is beautiful in it's own right!

Keelie said...

thoughtful quiet prayer--your heart's focus on Christ is just as precious as any audible prayer in fact, I think it is the essence of a real life relationship with the Lord. Realizing how pitiful we are just makes more room in our hearts for His love and grace to rush in. Where we end, He begins...

Love this post and your heart.

Hugs!
Keelie