December 28, 2010

Ending the year 2010


This year has been rather amazing and trying. 
  I really feel like my faith was stretched miles and miles each and every direction.  It's  when you think you have the faith for something and then it happens to knock at your door and you say "boy oh boy where in the world is the faith I thought I had!?"  


I really feel like my relationship with God was even put to a test in many ways.   Like the saying goes "When the rubber meets the road" what are you believing and who do you believe.  
Ouch or amen! 

I feel that  many parts of my life was put to a test and I know I kicked and screamed and cried and pouted and thought....am I even saved....Is God really living in a heart that is so sinful.  
How can I feel this way and be a christian?  

I am thankful that I have had many breakthroughs throughout and have passed some test but then there are some I feel I failed.  I know God through His amazing mercy and love for me is giving me another chance to continue forward.  God revealed to me some of the pride I still had in my heart and still dealing with and you know what....??  It is a daily, daily battle to not act out in the flesh the thoughts I sometimes feel, let alone think them!  

Daily, I am thankful for His amazing Grace and love for me...little ole' me who is absolutely nothing without Christ in my life.  


And In other news..

For those who are wondering what is going on with my husband's business....???
Well....he is going to be laying it down and looking for a full-time job.  
Right now we are waiting to hear back from a job he applied for.  I  hope he gets it!!  

Our living situation will remain the same.  We are not planning on moving out of my in-laws anytime soon.   When we find out what sort of job Donnie will get, we will then sit down and figure out our financial goals.  


I am excited for the New Year that God has in store for us.  I know God has good things for us this coming year and can't wait to find out where He is taking us. 

and in short story form...

I've been busily working around the house and celebrating our holidays.   
I taught myself how to knit !! ( great site for learning is knittinghelp.com
I've been making hats for everyone.  
and been sewing too..


These are the things I have always wanted to learn this year.
 So happy I did!!


top right hat is my first project before the knitting lessons
and 
white hat is after my knitting lesson
and 
I sewed Ana a Christmas skirt. 


I'm making Ana a hat in a nice soft pink yarn.  


Ana waiting for a Santa photo, donning her skirt


Ana meeting her first ever--new babies!! 
She's the momma of twins...wow!



Galen meets his first bike!


And each Christmas Eve we all load up in the van and head to the mall 
for our Santa picture.  :)
(you can barely see Ana sitting on Donnie's lap--good thing we paid for a Santa photo)

6 comments:

The Angulo's said...

Chris,

You look so pretty in that Santa photo. You have a lovely family too.

I am glad you taught yourself to knit and sew and are now making projects.

I will pray your husband gets a good job really, really soon.

I miss you and your writing. I love how you write!

God bless you.

Mrs. A

mommyx12 said...

What fun pictures. I can't believe how big Ana is getting. I haven't seen a photo of her in some time.

Blessings for a happy new year!

Cinnamon said...

Love all the pictures and the update. You have been on my heart lately.

Love the family picture at the end. YOU look GREAT!!!

Oh you are sooo right, we go kicking and screaming but GOD is soo good to us. Like a patient Father leading us gently when our life is a mess. HE LOVES YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

GREAT things are headed your way~

~hugs~ Cinnamon

momto9 said...

what lovely photos, especially the whole family one!

Thanks for the update, I had wondered what was happening in your corner of the world:)
Hope he gets the job! Would be an answer to prayer wouldn;t it?!

Happy new year?

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

You have a beautiful family! :)

Thank you, so much, for coming to visit me at my blog! It was so nice to read your thoughtful comment!

Warm wishes to you this coming new year!

Warmly,
Katy :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a wonderful testimony of contentment you've shared here. Praying your hubby gets the job!

What a good looking family you got there!