November 24, 2010

Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving.....

Twas the night before Thanksgiving and all through the house the little kids play and the big people chop...

Chop what??

The yummy veggies to be put in special recipes....

My in-laws have a tradition on the night before Thanksgiving to gather everyone and chop onions, celery, radishes, potatoes, and whatever else is on the menu....

This is actually my first time participating. 

Actually I'm not chopping at all and I don't know if I will...


I might chop an onion or two....


I don't know...I guess I may not be participating after all.  


hmmmmm.....

Am I being a party pooper??

I'm in my little abode typing away and about to get into a nice hot shower.  

I just finished doing my chores...

Mema and I were out shopping for our goodies for tomorrow.  

The crowds were ok...they weren't to bad actually....you know how we all say NEVER SHOP the day before Thanksgiving....

Well we did it!!

Tomorrow will be out first Thanksgiving we actually spend without extended family members.  

I know...it's quite weird yet a little nice.  

It's just going to be Donnie, the kids and I.....WOW!!

We were suppose to head over to my mom's and spend Thanksgiving with her and my sisters but it turned out that she has to work......oh well..

We will be traveling this weekend but not for Thanksgiving....
Friday to Sunday we'll spend over there. 

My in-laws will be traveling south to spend Thanksgiving at Donnie's grandmother's.  

We decided not to go down with them since our van is on it's last leg and you know.....save gas.  

And.....since we will be traveling anyways....you know..

So what's on the menu for tomorrow...

Turkey
stuffing (stove-top--I'm all about saving time and money lately)
corn casserole, 
mash potatoes
green bean casserole
cranberry sauce (the jellied can stuff--actually I love this stuff)
parker rolls (refrigerated stuff)
and for dessert...

Well the girls are having a bake-off

Moriah will make Key Lime Pie
Tsavah is making an Oreo-mud pie pizza (I don't know the exact name of it)

Hmmm......I wonder who will win...I guess it all depends on what mood we are all in.  

Anyway...all this became possible since we were blessed with a 20 lb turkey and a gift card for $85...

Yahoo!!

A friend of mine blessed us....isn't she awesome....isn't GOD AWESOME!!

He had it all planned out just for us.  He knew were going to stay home for Thanksgiving and He had it all figured out!!  
Awesome!!

I best get off this blog right now since the kids are in the other house and hoping not causing to much of a problem...they can rough I house I tell ya..

I was going to also write about the skirts I made the girls...but I'll do that on another post.

Till then....

Have a wonderful Turkey Day....

and be Thankful for all that God has done...


6 comments:

Keelie said...

Chris--

I just love to read stories of God's provision!! What an awesome blessing that you have all of your family right there in your little abode to celebrate God's goodness. Chris, I hope that you and your family have a wonderful day tomorrow. And the bake off--how fun!!

Thank you for your support and encouragement on my blog. It is a blessing to me.

Love,
keelie

momto9 said...

I'm so glad you get to have a nice quiet (well as quiet as it gets with 8!) Thanks giving!! How wonderful that it seems to all fall into place.

Mrs. Taffy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Chris! I'm so thankful for you!

God is so good!

love and hugs,
CB

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

God is awesome!!! I'm so thankful that he provided the Thanksgiving meal for you.

I hope you enjoyed it with your precious family.

Who won the cook off?

Coby said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! That is so wonderful that a friend blessed you with a turkey and gift card! I love how God provides!!!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

God is SO awesome!!

We also had our first Thanksgiving just 'US', Tim, myself, and our 6 arrows. It was sooo nice and sweet and delicious! And, all the leftovers are OURS! lol

Haven't been around in awhile, but have missed you and will try to be around more often.

XOXO to my sista from anotha' motha'.