October 21, 2010

It's All about Perspective

Let me see....hmmm what should I write about today?
I'm just going to ramble on I guess and see what comes out.  I just left two huge baskets of laundry that I need to get back to and fold.  How did I get so distracted?  Oh yeah...my oldest son wanted to show me something on the computer and once he was off I jumped on for "just a minute" to check my emails.  ha ha...  Actually I haven't checked them in a few days...yikes!  So here I am about 30 minutes later and blogging....how does that happen!?  Distractions from someone who is still trying to "master" staying on task.

Just a few tid bits of info about the business. 
The business is still alive and working.  We just need to make some "money".  This has been a bit hard.   Donnie took an evening job making telemarketing calls.  The upside is that we are making money with this but the downside is that he has to work every evening until 10pm.  Not fun.  At least I have Mema to keep me company oh yes and the children of course.    But....there is nothing like adult conversation.  :)

Anyway....Donnie works the business during the day and then he is off to his part-time job at around 4pm.  I am getting used to this schedule.  He started this job Monday and not sure how long he will work it.  It all depends on how quickly we can make some money in the business but you never know when that can be.

It has been difficult for me as to the "waiting. 
In my mind I have a plan or agenda that I would like to see come to pass but then you have the circumstances along the way.  This is what the Lord is working in me....teaching me how to rest in Him, trust Him, and waiting.  The "flesh" side of me wants it NOW....saying: "I don't want to wait....we've been waiting way to long....how  much longer....I don't think I can take anymore."  I then see this  huge mountain in front me that I feel like I can't even begin to climb.  This is when I pout, complain, cry, fight.....yeah you name it ....I do it!

I am thankful for the friends I have around me who I can call on for the much needed encouragement.  
They usually share with me what they are going through or their struggles with issues.  And I am also thankful for the bloggy friends I have met along the way.  It is so refreshing to meet people who are real, sincere, genuine and loving life.  No matter how rough life can be at times it all comes down to perspective.  

 I, at times, struggle with having the "grass is greener" attitude.
Especially after I've been mothering children for quite some time, I can get a bit  weary with my role.  I then, at times,  fall into the trap of comparison and looking at the "greener grass" other families have.  Whether it be more money, a nicer home, better marriage, better kids, better homemaker,  thinner and fitter, or whatever....  It is all looking outside the window trying to find my own identity.  


But  you know....
it all comes down to embracing the path and calling the Lord has for our own individual lives.  Finding the moments within this journey and understanding that this is a journey we are all on and every road is different.  Some might be highways or some might be old, dusty, country roads with lots of pot holes.  

But what is the Lord speaking to my heart?  
He is saying for me not to look outside but to look within and in there I will find the true calling and road the Lord has us on.  But what happens when I begin to get a bit antsy?  I need to then embrace the moments with the children, enjoying a beautiful fall day, making a special meal for my husband, or even cleaning up those spills my toddlers have made with joy and thanksgiving.  Lots of embracing even the messy mess....  And then let the Lord guide my attitude and allowing me to let Him determine the time of the journey I am on. 

And here are a few short clips of my babies

video


video

A picnic lunch

video

6 comments:

momto9 said...

Cute videos:) I guess are little ones are the same ages!

I enjoyed your words on perpective...

I read a quote today that says

"if you want to get rich quick, count your blessings"

How true is that?...it's easier to wait when I'm thankful right where I am.

Have a wonderful day!

Rosemi said...

Lol! ...How cute Chris, thanks for sharing the videos.

I always enjoy your words. They are so real.

You made a really important point with your comment today - Thank you.

If you have time, stop by my blog again. Your blog is listed in my post ;-)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Hang in there! God is going to be teaching you some big time lessons through this. I know you will want to learn them the first time!

You are doing very well with this and being very supportive of your husband's dream. It must be very hard, but God will bless you for it.

Cori said...

You've been tagged on my blog :)
Come on over and check it out when ya get the chance.
Thanks.

Amanda said...

I loved your videos, your pictures, your thoughts my friend.

I know the Lord takes us on the harder roads for a reason. Good reasons. The dust will settle one day and you will be all the 'golder' for it ;)

Much love to you sweet friend. xoxo

Coby said...

Kudos to your hubby for working so hard for his family! And to you for going to the Lord to rest in Him and wait...some more! ;-)

I'm in a similar situation with Hubby's master's degree. He's been working so hard, and I'm so proud of him...and I also find myself a bit pouty and fighting a bad attitude because, well, we aren't spending much time together these days. I miss him. But I know he's doing what God has called him to do, and I know this is a season.

Wait...I thought I was the only one who compared myself to others! ;-)

Thanks for being so transparent - it's encouraging to see what God is doing in others and the things He's showing you!