August 29, 2010

We're on the Move

Remember when I made a post about my home?  


Remember how I wrote about how much I loved living here 
and 
how I think I might want to buy the home? 

Well....
I now come to say that we are moving from this abode.
  
moving makes such a mess...

Yep...making a move about 40 minutes south from my current city.  
This is such a bitter sweet feeling.

  Honestly....I've shed my share of tears. 
I've felt overwhelmed.... 
I've felt sad... 
I've felt all sort of things.
  
And I have also felt very excited about this whole new journey we are going to take. 

Are you wondering what happened?

Well lots....  
I've shared in the past about my husband launching his business
and 
how we have somewhat struggled with finances?

And....
 how awesome God has been to meet our needs....remember all of this?  

My brother-in-law came to help out with the move

Anyway...
have been discussing the possibility of us moving to help save money...
 All in hopes my husband's business starts to make a climb.  

For all of you who have started businesses or struggled with finances you know there are seasons when you have to do what you have to do. 

Most of the time it's a huge sacrifice and a little tiny bit tough. 
These are things we are storing away in a storage unit in town

Anyway....
we are going to be moving in with Donnie's parents for about 3-6 months. 

Actually....
I really don't know how long this whole journey will take.  
It depends on how Donnie's business takes off and how much money we can save. 

Soooo...
it is a rather huge leap of faith.

Hard workin girls
For one....
I am so very thankful for wonderful in-laws who are willing to let all ten of us move in.
This was taken at the park a few weeks back....enjoying a late picnic for dinner
The kids are all very excited that they will be living with Mema and Pops.  
They are sad to leave their neighborhood friends.
  
The neighborhood boys we will miss
One of my boys was in tears when we told them we were making the move.  
I, of course, shed tears again...right in front of them all.  

Soooo....
Today we went down to check out our new place and to figure what of our belongings we are going to put in storage and what we will bring with us.
 
I am all about living simple and the less we bring the better for me. 

I am actually rather excited about it all.
As I type this post, I'm feeling much better about this whole move.  

I am excited to have my mother-in-law to chat with in the evenings...
 living out in the country.....
to have Donnie home more
(he'll be working out of the house) 
and helping me with the schooling.  
So that's exciting...
In posts to come I will share pictures of my new "place"
and how it will all work out. 

  All I know right now....
I am going to make this a time memorable.......days to treasure.
  
I'm excited!!!!


:)

8 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow! That was fast! I'm so sorry you have to move. What a blessing that you have such wonderful in-laws that would help you in your time of need.

God is good. I'll pray for you.

Amanda said...

oh wow Chris!! And so the adventure in Him continues...

I just got all goose-bumpie when I read this. I do believe it is the Lord leading and guiding you. I know it will be hard for the children to say good-bye to their friends, but you never know there could be new friends just waiting to be met.

I am looking forward to sharing your journey with you, through the pages of your blog.

I pray you all get settled nice and quickly. It will be wonderful to be around the grandparents for a season... all I can say is, they must have a BIG house! lol.

Mrs. Taffy said...

You guys are really moving fast! I'm so proud of you for looking at this like an adventure! I can't wait to hear more about your new place! Your mother-in-law must really love you and your children! That's so wonderful!

mommyx12 said...

i do remember your post about your home. How ironic this is all happening now. I hope your new journey will be a wonderful one. Years ago when we only have 5 children we made the same journey. Only across the country from CO to WI to live with my inlaws. We had 7 of us, (at the time) and they still had 6 kids of their own at home. It was an adventure. We lived with them for 6 months. Lots of prayers for your exciting future.

hugs,
tricia

momto9 said...

oh my wow...this should be an aventure for sure!!!! oh how I wish you all the best...and look forward to folowing thisjourney with you!

Cinnamon said...

How exciting this adventure the Lord is taking you on. Good, bad or ugly the Lord will use this time to help you all grow closer to him. And who can argue with that?

So happy for you~ Cinnamon

Rosemi said...

Hi Chris,

I've been thinking of you. I know it must be very hard to leave your beautiful home. I'm sure you will love what the Lord will do for you and each family member through this move.

God bless you friend

Love, Rosemi

Amanda said...

Wondering how your transition has been going?! Looking forward to hearing all about it...

Hugs and blessings to you and your lovely family!