February 21, 2010

Preaching for Jesus!



A few weeks ago we went out on our outreach to one of the neighborhoods in town. My husband preached the gospel again! The crowd wasn't large, but you never know who is listening from their apartments. Also we had a nice group of children come out to listen and play games with us.

My husband is a former elementary school teacher so he is very gifted in teaching the children. He is in his element! He did preach a general gospel to the adult audience but then he focused the attention on the children that were there.

Our children of course made up for alot of the crowd....LOL! Just with us being there we had a large crowd......ha ha ha.

Here is a clip of my handsome husband preaching the Gospel!


Here are some pictures to share

Donnie preaching!

This is the church bus we use to bring the boxes of food to the people in need!

Some ladies from our church praying for Ms. Barbara who is such a wonderful Godly woman in the neighborhood. She is blind, but everyday she is getting her eye sight back. We regularly pray for her.

Two brothers from the church laying hands on a woman who needed prayer.


Some of the boys from the neighborhood! Tsavah's in the background.

This boy and his mom came out to listen and play. He recently had back surgery.

The group of children playing the games!

My wonderful and faithful friend Lena chatting with Ms. Barbara. Lena is such a wonderful example of what it is to LOVE in the Body of Christ! I have learned so much from having her in my life. (She left being a General Doctor to focus on raising her boys. She homeschooled for a few years also!)

There was a team of bikers from our church who do "Bikes for Kids". Their outreach is to take children who don't have bikes out for rides on weekends. How nice!

One of the biker brothers telling the children about their bikes

Me, Ana and Ms. Barbara. She loves kids and babies. She always tells me about how blessed I am! (LOL my eyes looked crossed in this pic)

Not the best pic of me.....But me with a baby on my hip. What's new...LOL
I try to do what I can out there. Most of the time I am chasing down my kids so they don't run in the road. And of course when I get a chance I encourage and pray for others.....I love this!


Blessings to you all!!


Chris

4 comments:

Mrs. Taffy said...

What a wonderful day! So perfect that you have your children with you, seeing and doing!

I'm jealous of your flip-flops...:o)

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

I was wondering what you meant by "flip flops"....ha haha.

Yep, those are the ones I wear all the time....even in the cold weather. Not that it's that cold down here.

Soon enough you'll have yours on.

Love ya,

chris

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Such a great way of putting the gospel out there. Great job loving and praying on those who are in need.

Chad and Jessica's Family said...

Hi Chris~ I just visited tonight to see how you were and whoa!!! Lots gone on in blog world for you. I skimmed most of it..........agree and disagree on things there but still love you and your sweet heart. Oh how neat to see your husband preaching. Blessings