August 15, 2009

Worship and Prayer--my weekend!!


This weekend has been so wonderful....soaking in the Presence of the Lord. LOVE IT!!

Kent Henry was at our church ministering with the song. If you don't know who Kent Henry is check out his site at Kent Henry Ministries I linked you up to his photos and music. So you could hear the anointing flowing through this man. Let me tell you, this man knows how to lead worship!!

Last night (Friday) we had a Deep Worship night at our church. This is entering into the "inner courts" , the "holy of holies" of worshiping. We prayed, sang, danced.....all unto the LORD. Prayed and sang some more. This morning (Saturday) my oldest son watched the children while Donnie, me, the girls, Shiloh and the baby went to Kent Henry's worship and intercession training. This consisted of more singing and praying. He has such a heart for the youth of today. He is not far from being a big kid himself, at 50+ years of age...LOL. During this training time he laid out the ways on how we can use Worship as a weapon against the powers of darkness. Basically using as a way of intercession. He taught us how to "let loose" (our family has no problem doing this...LOL) and how to "sing" the words of the Lord in prayer by using Scriptures to pray out God's Will over the earth.

Like I said above, this man has a heart for the youth of today. A word to us moms who have teens.....This is the generation who is coming behind us. This is a generation the Lord is training up for Him. A generation of righteous warriors for His kingdom. Those who will not just take the bible and read it as a history book but read it with POWER AND MIGHT...eating up the words of the Lord like FOOD for their spirit!! And walk not with fluff, but walk with TRUTH in every area of their lives. Walking with boldness wherever they go.....school, malls, beach, downtown...... touching the world with the LOVE and POWER OF GOD. Our children walking as Jesus said in Mark 16:15-18

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Honestly, I believe our kids will walk in such power and anointing. You see, todays kids are fed up with "fake religion". They want to EXPERIENCE God for who He is. They want to experience the GOODNESS OF GOD!!! They are ready to become Zealous for the Lord's Kingdom right here on earth today. Remember what the word of God says in Acts 2:16-18 and in Joel 2:28

17" 'In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,

your old men will dream dreams.
18Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.


What is his goodness? The Truth!!! His Words!!! His living Word being manifested in our lives. I saw it this weekend....These young people seeking the Lord with their whole heart. It was beautiful. I sat there overwhelmed by the love of God in these young people's hearts. They want to SEE Jesus!! During our Saturday service my friends little 9 yr old came up to the microphone and prayed such a prophetic prayer. My eyes welled up in tears knowing that such wonderful things are in store for those who hunger and thirst for righteous...and not just our young generation mothers....BUT US ALSO!!! Seek Him in the midst of our Mothering....to manisfest Himself in us so our children can see how Good He really is. How we can touch our communities and touch other's lives. Yes, we are touching our children but they need to SEE Jesus working through us. I am preaching this to myself!! :) Our children need to see how we seek Him with all our heart.

So in the midst of changing diapers, teaching our kids, cleaning house, and whatever else each of us do...we don't grow weary in teaching our children about WHO Jesus is and the power of His Word and How good it really is !!!!!

I will leave you with this scripture Psalm 34:8

8 TASTE and SEE that the LORD is GOOD;
BLESSED is the man who takes refuge in him.

CHRIS

PS...I wanted to share with you all a praise report. My family and I believe in sowing seeds of money into the church. When we sow a seed to meet a need or what have you, we pray and believe we will have a return on what we planted.

Sales haven't been that great at my hubby's job but no worries. What do we do when money is on the low side...well opposite of what the world would do. The world would panic and say "oh my God, what are we going to do...maybe we need to take on another job...etc.. etc.." We know how good our Daddy God is, who happens to have all the money in His hands and knows his children have needs. We take of our money...(remember the widow's mite) and sow into the Church's offering.

Today, after worship service....a sister from church came up to me and handed me a wad of $20's...YES, A WAD!! My eyes welled up in tears and I felt the LOVE of God for me and my family. I heard the Lord say "Honey, I will always take Care of my Kids..I love you so much!!" I gave this sister another hug and I turned to my husband and show him. We were so happy!! When we got into the van we counted the money....how much???......$500!!! THANK YOU LORD FOR MEETING ALL OUR NEEDS, PLUS MORE. What does the word say. 19 But my God shall supply ALL your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

If we have a need we sow, we give!! This is such an awesome spiritual law. He is GLORIOUS!!

3 comments:

Chad and Jessica's Family said...

wow 500 dollars! What a blessing and such provision. Thank you for sharing. Sounds like you needed all of this. It is good to be "watered" with the Word. Blessings
Jessica

Mrs. Taffy said...

I love it! I love to hear God get the glory for the great things HE does! It happened to us today too...somebody gave us $500!! Amazing! Totally unexpected. We are humbled and so thankful! Rejoicing with you!!

Timmy's Girl @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Whoo...someone is on fire for JESUS!!!! So blessed to hear about the blessing pouring over your family, Chris. I know that when I really worship the Lord with all my heart and might, it is amazing. I learned how to 'really' worship God at a women's retreat, and it was SUCH a blessing.

And yes, we are training soldiers for the Lord...what an amazing task God is entrusting us with. That is why we must never believe what the world says about us SAHM's, huh?

And we always give our first fruits to the Lord.. with a cheerful heart and he constantly provides for us, left and right, and from all around.

xoxo, Veronica in CA