August 30, 2009

A Blast from the Past

I began my blog back in 2006. I would write here and there but not consistently. There was a season where I hardly wrote in it at all because I just felt I didn't have much to say. Well, right before Ana was born, I began to express myself through the blog once again. I am so glad that I can do this on a weekly basis to share what goes on in our home, whether it be good or bad. (You have to visit my "homemaking" blog at Managing My Home where I share my ins and outs of my homemaking abilities....not perfect....but I try!!)

You know....I must confess...there are times I am not a "joyful mother" like my blog says. I sometimes don't "feel" like being nice. There are days when I don't even want to face the day but thanks to the Father through our Lord Jesus Christ that I can cling on to his Goodness, His Joy and in Faith speak forth who I am....and this being a JOYFUL MOTHER of many children!! I am blessed beyond I can even think of and have to remind myself of this truth and not wallow in self pity or feel like it is so hard to walk this walk. NO....I am reminded in two scriptures (there are so many more but these came to mind)

2 Cor 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

2 Cor 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

AMEN!! I have the "preach" on me as I type this. LOL

To say all of this I wanted to share some pictures from our vacation we had about a year ago. Donnie and I when we went to the Greenbrier Resort nestled within the mountains of West Virginia. Donnie had won a trip from his company he works for and we were so blessed during those 4 days of heaven. The place we stayed at was absolutely beautiful to give you some sort of idea the running rate for only one night is around $500 and this is just for a small "basic" room. Meals cost around $60 minimum. It was so nice not having to worry about counting our pennies during our time there. We spent nothing! How nice it was to just charge it to the room knowing Donnie's company was paying for it all. How Glorious!!

It's quite funny actually, when I have one of those days at home. I think back to this time last year and pull out the lotion I brought back from this place and rub it into my hands, close my eyes and smell away. The scent brings me back to how I felt during those 4 days of luxury....GLORIOUS.

I can't even begin to mention how nice it was and how hospitable the people who work there were: Door's being opened for us; When we dined they pulled the chairs out for me and placed those clean, white napkins on our laps; There were fresh, white, cozy robes in our romantic bedroom; Our beds "turned" for the night with chocolates on our pillows... I can go on and on. Oh, we enjoyed massages....YES....what a fabulous time. Oh, and not to mention the food and the scenery of this gorgeous place. It was amazing!

My favorite part of our time was having no demands. Absolutely none!! No needing to change a diaper; Not having to wake up early and make breakfast; Not having to do laundry; Not having to stop sibling bickering.....BUT.....just being able to RELAX!! During the afternoons, Donnie and I would walk down to the main lobby (it was a museum.... not just a little sitting area) and have our afternoon "tea" with little delectable cookies (not Keeblers LOL) while listening to a musician playing a beautiful Grand Piano. How glorious...How beautiful! After eating our little cookies we would sit down on comfy couches and read our bibles or books and just, plain....RELAX!! What a great time we had.

Here are a few pictures I had to share!!


(This was during a company dinner hidden in a small cabin....very cozy....and such beautiful scenery)

(Here I am on our last day standing in front of the building. As I was uploading this picture....I sure didn't look very happy. It was our last...I guess I didn't want to come home. I missed the kids but not the "responsibilities of life")

( I don't why, but I really liked this hallway)

(The Main Dining Room)

(Delectable Southern food! It was like jumping right into a Southern Living Magazine)

(Look at the blackberry Donnie was about to eat....)

(Our favorite meal of the day was BREAKFAST. It was so nice coming down to breakfast,sitting by such a sunny window, and being served such yummy food. I felt like a real Queen!)

(The main lobby where we had our afternoon "tea and cookies")

(If your wondering why I'm so FAT?.....I was PREGNANT with Ana)

(The main ballroom. What an amazing chandelier)

(What a good Daddy...writing postcards to the kids)

(my honey reading his bible)

(Look at how green this golf course was)


(This estate was absolutely breath taking)


(Here I am in front of a painting of Princess Grace Kelly of Monoco. She was a guest back in the 50's, I think, not sure of the dating. This is a place where many foreign dignitaries, VIPs came to relax.)


(We did a lot of laughing)

(Just relaxing)

Chris

7 comments:

Chad and Jessica's Family said...

So sweet you both look. Isnt being best friends with our husband the greatest. It is nice to see your love for eachother. Blessings and just think one day you will have time for more of that dating..... one day :)
Jessica

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow! That place looks amazing. It looks like you two had a relaxing time. I'm so happy for you. It is so nice to get away and just remember who the two of you are as a couple.

Steve and I are planning to drive to Reno (just the two of us) next year for our 15 anniversary. I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks, for sharing!

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Wow.....I am in love with this place....take me, take, oh please take me:D This place has alot of potential for beautiful pictures....huh...I love photography:D The country potatoes took me back home..I too am a southern bell from Florida....oh we are moving to sunny Florida...we'll be in the same state..just realized that...YEAH!!! It'll prob take place between mid Oct to mid Nov. I'll have to let you know!

Honestly my friend.....this was a gift from the Lord to you guys...a time to strengthen your marriage..to date each other again...and it looks like that is just what happened! How awesome is our Lord!!! I get those times too where a certain smell, a certain item take me back to a meaningful time in my life:D You two make such a beautiful couple and I love how you're always smiling:D

God bless your beautiful marriage!!!

Hugs,
Susan

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Hi Chris...just noticed you comment....my email is:

Godms4ever@yahoo.com

You can email me anytime!:D

Susan

Natalie said...

How beautiful ! I'm planning on surprising my husband before the baby comes with a night away although that place looks breathtaking. What a blessing to not have to worry about anything except your honey ! You both look so happy, cute too :)

Timmy's Girl @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Girlee,

I need me some of that 'relaxation'!!!! I love that it was your husband's hard work that earned you both that trip. It must have made it much sweeter to enjoy.

That plate of food made me so hungry!

And I just love the pic of you and hubby with you in the yellow shirt...and the footsies pic. You have some pretty toes, Chica!

Thanks for sharing these pics. I think I am going to go put on some of my wedding perfume. When I smell that it brings me to a sweet day in my life. I love how certain scents can do that.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Sara L said...

Chris - that place looks wonderful! I'm so glad you were able to get away. I love that hallway too!