January 5, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Kole Freedom

 
My 6th born, Kole Freedom is 3 years old today.  He is such a cute little boy.  We are going through some potty training challenges currently.  He won't go number two in the potty.  So this has been a bit of a hair pulling experience, but not my first.  I had a few other children that gave me a challenge in this area.  All I know is that he won't be in diapers for poopy or resist it all together forever.  He will grow out of this stage as well. 

Some tidbits of info about his "birth" day.  He was born on January 5 th, 2006 at around midnight.  He was 5 days late--my latest baby.  He was suppose to be due on New Year's Eve 2005, but I never come on my due date.  The labor I had with him was very inconsistent and I didn't even know if I was going to have him on this day,  until about 2 hours before birth time.  Contractions were all over the place:  up and down, round and round :)  At around 10:00 pm or so I felt my contractions change and we called the midwife.  She came around 10:30 pm and I was ONLY 3 cm and became very frustrated.  I went straight into the bathtub, closed the door, ran the water, and turned on the ceiling fans.  I didn't want anyone in the room with me because I NEEDED TO FOCUS on getting the baby OUT.  I basically went from 3 cm to birth in a little over an hour.  Yes, it was tough but I birthed a beautiful baby boy with big brown eyes, named Kole Freedom.  He was my biggest baby so far, weighing in at 8 lbs 12oz.  And what a handsome boy he was and is. 

My hubby is out of town today so we celebrated Kole's birthday yesterday at his Mema's house.  She made a cake and pizza and he got to open his gifts.  He was so excited to get his very own Diego video.  


We love you Kole, and Happy Birthday. 

Blessings, 
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...I didn't know his middle name was Freedom. That is so awesome. Dana