September 7, 2010

A Very Quick Update on the Move

Hey All...

Here's a quick update on what's been going on since my last post. 

Well....we are moved in for the most part. 

I still need to go back to the old house and clean, clean, clean.  

Lots of cleaning...
I wish I had the pictures to show you how much of a mess we all made while living there for 4 years. 
 Those pictures will have to wait for another post.

I was also thinkin'...
Boy how much STUFF do 10 people need.  

I don't see myself as a clutter-bug...pack rat...
I am always ridding my house of stuff....

Actually, to much stuff makes me hyper-ventilate. 

I've been having a bit of moving anxiety lately.  
I get these waves of panic. 
Thank God they don't last long.  

Oh...and please don't worry about me...
I am not depressed or having panic attacks. 
:)
but you can pray though

I think it's a mixture of the normal moving blues mixed with hormones of an almost 40 year old.  
Gosh...
can you believe I'm turning 40 in December?  
WOW!!

I still feel like I'm in my 20's.

Anyhow...
I'm going back tomorrow to move the last of our stuff and then cleaning like a mad woman. 

Then coming back home (my new home) to unpack and put my in-laws' home back into order.  

I feel so bad.  
You should see this place with boxes of our stuff all over!

I couldn't even find my mother-in-law. 
Finally....I found her underneath a stack of boxes!!

So my little place is quite quaint...

Did I mention Donnie and I have our "own" little place separate from the main house?
  Oh yeah...baby! 
I am so thankful for this little place.  
I'll show you later exactly what it looks like.  
 You'll have to wait and see!  :)

Ok gotta run...and crawl into my bed waiting in my little bedroom.  

too-dles
:)

9 comments:

momto9 said...

I can't wait to see it!

Amanda said...

I can totally relate Chris... moving is never easy for me. I think it all boils down to the fact that women are 'nesters', and when their nest is disrupted (especially after 4 years), it creates an unsettled feeling with a bit of anxiety mixed in. I do think it is normal. I pray you will get over those very quickly. I am sure once you finish cleaning up the old place and can then just focus on the new chapters in your life, things will settle.

I like the sound of your new separate quarters! Can't wait to see piccies!

Looking forward to hearing more as you are able to post.

Bless you dear sister!

ps. I wanted to let you know that the less we have of our own, the more our reliance increases on the Lord. Many people couldn't cope with the position you're in and that says a lot (of good things) about you. So many people have their trust in their home, finances, etc, and when we don't have those things, our faith and trust in Him soar. It has too... because He become all we have (besides our family of courses). It really is a wonderful position to be in. I hope this encourages you because I know it's true.

Mrs. Taffy said...

I woke up thinking about you this morning. I figured you were very busy with all the moving and packing! So glad to know you are alive and well! Can't wait to see pictures, wish I could be there to help you clean!

love and hugs
CB

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Get those all those helpers to help you!

I pray that all will go well and you will get everything done.

Rosemi said...

Chris,

I'm praying for you. I'm glad your happy mostly. I'm glad that after so many children you still feel in your twenties. You would baffle my mother if she could here you say that. She has always told me that more kids will make you pretty much waist away faster. I just tell her that's okay. :)

Love you Chris,

Rosemi

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Oh wow are you still in Jax? You 40? WHAT???? Honestly you make 40 look good girlfriend!!! It's that young spirit that will keep you young forever<3 How sweet is that..your very own lil love nest! Can't wait to see pics;D Hang in there with the clutter...I am the same way...too much makes me anxious...every has it's spot in my eyes lol.

The Not So Perfect Housewife said...

Can't wait to see pictures.

Hope you are feeling more at home each day.

Coby said...

Every time I move I get a little "blue" - I think it's seeing my life in boxes, so to speak, and not feeling settled and able to function the way I normally would. I like all my ducks in a row...all the time! However, life is not always like that! Ha!

How wonderful that you have your own place, separate from the main house!

SammySleuth said...

Hello!!! My name is Samantha, but most people call me Sammy. Just wanted to let you know I am following your blog. I have become good "online friends" with Moriah and Tsavah. They are very sweet girls. We are friends on our blogs, facebook, and gmail. I have really enjoyed getting to know them. ~Sammy