July 15, 2010

Celebrating my 15th Wedding Anniversary!



15 years ago, Donnie and I "tied the knot"

It was a very hot July afternoon
(what was I thinking)

It was about a year after Justin (our oldest) was born...
(we didn't want to be married just because I was pregnant)

our family and friends braved the heat and joined us at our simple ceremony


Even though it was about 100*...
we still enjoyed our time :)


15 years later, my husband never ceases to surprise me

No.... I didn't get 
a new car
a new house
nor a bigger diamond
that would have been nice too...maybe next year...ha ha :)
but.....Nope


My darling honey blind folded me and took me out for an ice-cream
yep...still blind folded

I stayed in the van...I don't like stuff like this....
you should have seen me.
I played along with him though
I didn't know where he was taking me


After I felt like I just got off space mountain,

trying to figure out where on God's green earth we were headed to....

I actually guessed...
The duck pond

The duck pond is rather special.

This is the place where he and I would walk for hours 
after having our ice-cream....well actually it was TCBY frozen yogurt
(it was closed down so the gas station ice-cream did the trick)

This is the place where we would
talk about our future and our children we would someday have


I actually had my own plans to surprise him
He beat me to it...
:)


And since it was our "Crystal" anniversary 
(15 years is the crystal anniversary)

He couldn't afford to buy me crystal
so.....Krystal burgers did the job...

I will always remember this day :)






This all happened on July 1st so I am way behind on playing catch up with my blogging. 

In a few days I will share how we spent out 4th of July....


Here is a sneak peek



10 comments:

Mrs. Taffy said...

A belated Happy Anniversary to you two love-birds! You barely look a day older than when you "tied the knot!" I'm so happy you had such a memorable day!

with love and hugs,
CB

momto9 said...

happy anniversary! You guys are so cute!!:)

Samantha said...

The two of you look so fully in love! Congratulations on making it 15 years, and here's to 15 more.

Rosemi said...

Awwe, how beautiful! :D And the music added just the perfect touch.

Last night dh and I celebrated our 9 years wedding anniversary but we didn't have much money. He came home from work with a bouquet of red roses and a card. I was waiting for him ready to gift him with a Bellydance. ;)

Thank you for your comment at my blog. Love, Rosemi

Traci Michele said...

Congrats! You are adorable!

Jennifer said...

15 years...congrats!

mommyx12 said...

How fun for you. And what young "babies" you both must be. We are working on 29 years this year. Yikes, I must be old.

Blessings,
Tricia

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Ahhh, so sweet! I loved this story! We just had our "crystal" anniversary too.

Cassandra-ann said...

Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 15 year anniversary this year too!

Cassandra xx

Cinnamon said...

What a sweet husband! I love your story of the duck pond. Very special :-)

~Cinnamon