June 11, 2010

Blah, blah, blah, moments

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah......
are you tired of me rambling..... wait I haven't even begun yet. ha ha.....

and no not blah....like life is blah....I mean blah, blah, blah....

here I go again...talking away...rather, typing away

So where do I begin.....oh yeah how about a picture of me driving.....I'm sure it's something
EVERYONE wants to see....


I had a rather lovely day today....

a day filled with summer laziness....

rising late
having some brunch
going out with some friends
coming home to my babies (nice to have built-in babysitters)
running to the grocery store (which is a frequent venture)
Here is a little video I made.....

video

oops sorry but the camera was flipped and can't flip the pic so you gotta view it side ways.....

and for those who didn't understand a word I was saying....

I said, the girl at the check-out carded me (in other words--- I.D.'d me )
she actually thought I was under 21
when I told her I was ALMOST 40 (I think in the video I say I am 40...I meant to say ALMOST 40) and had 8 kids she almost dropped dead....
it was awesome....noooooo not her dropping dead,
but her thinking I was UNDER 21.
Love when that happens.

I come home to cook up some yummy food (Loaded Nachos...nope don't have a pic)
Justin's team members (color guard team) came over and they ate a whole pan of nachos.....man they can eat!

chillin some more.....
watched a little bit of Netflix.....
and now typing this post.....

Yeah.....summer laziness.....indeed!

Oh and I've been on this "soul searching" thingy
(not spirit searching...I've found that..).....
and it's been quite fun actually :)

I tend to get a bit stressed......so I've decided.....life is just to darn good to be stressed....

Ok, yeah....I have a broken down car in the driveway.....no hot water .....and one of the A/C units broke
(good thing we rent the house and it has two units)
still not fun in almost 90 degree weather
......in the house....

but nooooo
I will not complain
I REFUSE because it only brings me down.....

I am going to soak up every moment and
live, love, laugh......love, laugh, live.....laugh, live, love.....sooo how many times can I say it?? :)
and have fun
like filming myself driving
I am creating fun times......

Sooooooo when life gets to be a stress....stop where you are
take a moment and soak it up
(the nice moments....)
the yucky moments in life don't matter in the light of eternity
but
what really matters is taking the time to enjoy LIVING.....

7 comments:

Mrs. Taffy said...

Oh Chris...You are SO AWESOME! Even before I read the part about you looking young, when I saw the picture of you in your car, I thought, "She looks really young in that picture!" lol

I always tell people, my children keep me young!

So happy that you had a nice summer day! I used my built in babysitters so much yesterday that I felt a little guilty!

Tonight Banana Taffy starts his job...

Wish I could spend a lazy summer day with you and your babies!

much love,
CB

Anonymous said...

Hi I just had a honest question? Why do you think drinking wine is ok. If you believe the Bible and are a christian? Not tring to argue just want to know.

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

anonymous,

Jesus drank wine, he hung with the lowly and sinners.

he also turned water into wine

if he thought it was "sin" then he would have said otherwise. He would have never changed water into wine after they had partied all night and been drinking..

everything needs to be done in moderation...

having a glass of wine with a meal on occasion or during communion, is not a sin...unless YOU think it's a sin then don't do it.

I don't think it's a sin and I have scripture to say it's ok.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you understand what the Bible means by wine. Back then they had new wine and old. New whine was not fermented. You can go to a place where they make wine and have a glass of unfermented fresh wine.(grape juice) But when it becomes fermented the Bible says its wrong to even look at it (proverbs 23:31)much less drink it! Jesus would not say one thing and do another. He turned water into grape juice at the wedding not wine, you have to look at the context of what wine ment then. look up the word wine just in proverbs and its pretty clear its wrong. Proverbs 20:1 is good. Another also says to give wine to someone thats about to die! So sorry you don't have a Bible reason to drink wine.

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Thank you anonymous for your information.

I believe in the righteousness that comes through faith. My salvation comes from Christ and not my own. For the Kingdom of God is not eating or drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17

Also it says in Romans 14:12

"So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way."

The entire chapter of Romans 14 is excellent in this matter.

Also in Romans 14

"It is good neither to eat meat nor DRINK WINE nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin."

If wine was "grape juice" why would grape juice be a stumbling block to a brethren or offensive.

My discussion of this subject ends here and no other comments will be posted You can email privately if you continue to have issues.

Thanks.

Tsavah said...

Love your post Mom!! You are so great!!

momto9 said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaw I really appreciate reading this today. You are so so right!
btw you do look so young!!