December 12, 2009

My husband preaching the Gospel!


Once a month for the past three years our family has been going out with our outreach group from our church and passing out bread and goodies in a lower income neighborhood. How it usually works is we go out for a couple of hours on a Saturday and some of us bag the groceries while the rest of us ask the people what their needs are and if we could pray for them. The Lord has opened up many opportunities to minister one on one to many of these people simply needing some prayer and the Love of God.

Since doing this every month for the past three years we started becoming weary. It seemed that all we were doing was passing out food and we felt we were just another "social service" group doing a good deed. We weren't seeing much fruit from it. Donnie and I were so close to calling it quits when the Lord gave us another idea.......to open air preach the Gospel!

Ladies from our group passing out food and in the back you can see one of our sisters ministering
And there is little Ana looking at her mommy with wet hair....ha ha ha!

We told the church of the idea we had to preach the Gospel to the people coming up for food and the pastors were very excited about the idea and let us use their trailer that is equipped with a microphone, amplifier, stereo system, and huge speakers. This trailer was once used for a part of the children's ministry. This trailer was basically collecting dust and not being used.

Well, this past Saturday, the 12th was the first day out and my husband Donnie had the privilege of preaching the word of God to these people who very much needed to hear the good new of Jesus!

video
(don't forget to pause the Christmas music at the bottom of this page before listening)

Donnie preaching the Good News
The construction hat he is wearing he found on the trailer and used it to cover his head from the rain. I know he looks funny!

The day was yucky and rainy, but we still went out regardless of the constant rain. People were needing to hear. Not many flocked over to the bus, but we saw many standing outside their front doors listening. I think the rain was keeping them indoors. That's ok though because I know these people are going to become use to having us come and eventually they will come forth.

Let me share this amazing little story of a little girl who came forward to ask for healing. In the video you see Donnie preaching and a small little girl with an umbrella standing right in front, staring with perfect attention and listening intently to Donnie. You have to understand, there were adults coming and going, but this little girl was drawn over to listen.

What drew this little girl and her mom to come over was Donnie's joke about making a snowman out of the raindrops (remember we live in Florida LOL). All the mother heard was "making a snowman" and decided to bring the little girl over. She asked me if she heard correctly about the snowman, I told her no, that my husband was just joking. She told the little girl "Honey, they're not making a snowman." The little girl ignored her mom and went right up to where Donnie was preaching, stood there and listened. Her mom was trying to get her home, but the little girl named Cheyenne about 5 yrs old, refused to leave. It was like she was ready to receive something. I believe the Lord was drawing her near.

As Donnie continued with the preaching, he said Jesus heals today and etc... The little girl then interrupts Donnie and says "Um, Excuse me, I have Cystic Fibrosis". This caught Donnie's attention and asked her some questions (all of this was with the microphone so everyone could hear). He asked what it was to have Cystic Fibrosis and she tells him "I have a tube in my stomach and can't eat food and I can't go on waterslides. I want to be a normal girl." Donnie said "You've come to the right place." I looked over at her mom and she had tears pouring down her face. She was sobbing. She didn't know her little girl was going to ask for healing.

video

Donnie then calls all of us over to lay hands on her. One of our brothers in the Lord leaned over to little Cheyenne and asked her what her favorite bible story was. She said she liked the story of Noah and the Ark. Then she proceeded to tell us about the story and said that God gave the animals life. Donnie said "Yeah, it was also a rainy day just like this, huh?" She nodded. Then we began to pray and speak life over her little body.


video

This is David, a brother from our church

By faith we are believing God healed her body. We encouraged her mother to pray over her and to not let fear come in to speak lies about her daughter's life. I told her mother that Cheyenne has a specific purpose and the Lord is preparing His children to speak forth the words of truth on this earth. And I am believing through this little girls testimony the Lord's good word will be spread.

I am so excited to go out again next month to touch so many more lives for the Lord. There is nothing more pleasing to me than to speak forth truth that is living in me. The truth of God's love!

I want to still continue to speak healing prayers over this little girl, so if you could when you are praying today pray for little Cheyenne.

Okay, I gotta run and I am still promising my Birthday update and a post about one of the Christmas parties I attended with the fam :)

7 comments:

Mrs. Taffy said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! That's just so cool and to have your children involved it even cooler!

Chad and Jessica's Family said...

Praise the Lord. That is wonderful for you and your family to share together. Bless you and your sweet framily.

Jessica

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

I wept when I read this post. Thank you so much for your obedience to Jesus! I am believing in prayer for little Cheyenne!

I am so blessed to meet you.

Cori said...

Hi
I recently followed your blog.
Thanks fo following mine.
Anyway I tagged you for an award.
please come by and check it out.

Wylie said...

I have so enjoyed visiting your blog today!!!
Joyfully,
Wylie

Mrs. Taffy said...

Hi Chris!

I gave you an award on my blog! I hope it makes you happy, reading your blog and being your bloggy friend makes me happy!

www.mylifeonataffypull.blogspot.com

Mrs. Taffy
(Carissa)

Mountain Mama said...

I found you via Taffy's blog. What a beautiful family!

I love what your family is doing to further the kingdom of God. Way to be obedient!

The video of your daughter was so cute. AND she is good!!

Happy New Year!
ashley