September 27, 2009

Tsavah Leone Turns 10--The story behind her name





(this is her a just a week ago)














(This was back when Tsavah turned 8.  I was a few days shy from delivering Ephraim)










(When she first met Ephraim)






(Tsavah and her baby sister Ana--So sweet)


My beautiful daughter Tsavah (pronounced Sa-vah) turned 10 yesterday.  She is such a precious and beautiful young lady.  It feels like just yesterday I was cradling her in my arms and nursing the feisty little newborn that she was.

When I say "feisty" I mean she was a little ball of fire.  When she was conceived I knew in my heart we were going to birth a very active and warrior of a child.  I felt I was going to have a boy.  When the day came to find out the sex of the baby, we were so surprised when the tech told us...."It's a girl"....."What?!  Are you sure"  I just thought we were going to have a boy.

Months later as we were praying for her name as we usually do with all our babies,  I wasn't sure what name would best suit her.  I knew God would have to give us a special name.  When she was in my womb she would leap and jump as early as 12 weeks gestation.  This is one of the reason I thought we were going to have us a "wild child".  I remember going to intercessory prayer at our church and praying for the youth of our church family, Tsavah, in my womb would do flips and turns.  I knew she would be a powerful intercessor and prayer warrior.

One evening at church, Donnie had forgotten his bible so he borrowed one from the Lost and found closet.  When he flipped open the bible,  it opened right up to a commentary about the Army of the Lord.  It spoke on the Lord of Host and how the word for Host or Army is the word "tsaba".  Donnie leans over and says, "I think this is the name for our little girl".  I glanced down at the bible to the word he was pointing at, looked at it, squinted at it, and asked "What does it say?"  He told me.  I immediately said, "No Way!  I can't even pronounce it.  This is such a weird name for a baby girl.  Nope!!"  Days later as my hubby would ask me to pray about the name,  I said "well, if we are going to name her this then God is going to have to tell me"  Days later, I became very excited about the fact that yes, this is the name for our baby girl.  I just had to change the spelling a bit.  LOL  :) A few months late we received the rest her middle name Leone knowing that she was a lion at heart.  So we say her name is the Lion of the Lord's Army.  And she sure is.

Tsavah is not just beautiful outside, but beautiful inside also.  Yes, she can definitely be a stubborn girl but her heart is so sensitive to the things of the Lord.  She has such a genuine love for God.  She is such a servant.  She has a mommy heart and I wouldn't doubt if she follows after her mommy's footsteps and has many children of her own.  She is very talented with her singing voice.  She has been singing since she was a little baby.  She truly has a beautiful singing voice.  I am not just saying this because I'm her mother, but others have told me as well.  She is a worshipper.  New songs of the Lord come forth from her mouth.  They are so gorgeous and ministers to everyone.  I can't say enough.

As far as her birth story goes, I was going to have her without meds but at the very last minute realized I couldn't take anymore.  I was exhausted since I labored most of the night.  I gave in to the epidural.  Minutes later of receiving the meds, I had began pushing.  The bad part of this delivery was  I had to wait for 20 minutes to actually birth her.  Yep, this infuriated me!!  I wasn't allowed to push since the doctor was delivering another baby and wasn't in the "room".  This is the main reason I home birthed my 4 little boys.  I didn't want to have to wait for the "doc".  Thank God she was born healthy and whole even though she sat in the birth canal for 20 minutes.

I love my girl Tsavah.  She is such a joy to our family!!  I love you my girl!!

6 comments:

Mrs. Taffy said...

Wonderful! Happy Birthday Tsavah!!

Timmy's Girl @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

You are so blessed, Sister.

Happy birthday to that Lioness of yours! Loved reading this post!

xoxo,
Veronica

L.H. said...

She's beautiful! What a great story.

Anonymous said...

I think the doctor was watching the last quarter of the football game!

-Donnie

Moriah said...

I love that story!! Thank you so so much for saying all those nice things!
I love you Mommy!

Moriah said...

I LOVE that story it's so cool!!!!
Thank you so so much for saying all those nice things
To me!!!!
I LOVE you NICE NICE Mommy!
Love~
Tsavah.