May 12, 2009

My Wonderful Mother's Day

(The cake Moriah made me--yummy)

(Look we match!!)

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! It all started Saturday night when my wonderful hubby took me out to the Botanical Gardens for a Moonlight walk. The gardens had a special event going on with a concert and candle lit trails. It was wonderful! The moon was full and the gardens smelled splendid. We couldn't really see much on the trail, but the flowery smell was wonderful. While we listened to the concert we shared a glass of Chardonay. Then later shared a strawberry milkshake. When we came back home that evening, the kids were all tucked in bed and my house was clean, along with all my laundry folded.

The following morning I slept in and woke up to kisses from all my babies and cards with words of love. My oldest daughter Moriah had baked me a cake (pictured above) while we were on our date. My oldest son cooked me an omelet for breakfast and my hubby bought me Barnie's Coffee. Then later that afternoon, Donnie and the four oldest children, picked me wildflowers and walked into my bedroom where I was nursing the baby, saying "Happy Mother's Day"--with singing voices. The bouquet is beautiful. I really felt so appreciated by each one of my guys and gals. Hope your Mother's Day was just as wonderful.


Chris

5 comments:

Tricia said...

This is wonderful. I am so glad you had a great mother's day. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

Hello- You have a nice family. I found you through other's blogs. I saw your little family thing at the bottom and put it on my page. How fun. Also I love the chore card idea. I think the Duggar family does that(if you know who they are) Where can I find the cards?
Jessica

Nancy @ momjustlikeyou said...

WOW is all I can say!

Tricia said...

You crack me up!! Yep, I'm pretty easy but I don't lack discipline. Does that make sense? I do try to find a semi-normal balance!!

Karies place said...

Hi, I just had to comment. I found your blog through Tricia's. Cute cake and what a nice day you had.