January 3, 2009

About 6 weeks to go till baby arrives!!

You better believe I am counting down the days till delivery!  I am getting so excited about meeting our new daughter.  Wow, another little girl in the house.  I wonder what she'll look like and how big she'll be.  My other girls were 7 lbs 6 oz, and 7 lbs 3 oz.  My boys with the exception of my first boy (6 lbs 10 oz--born two weeks early), were all in the the 8 lb range.  With the biggest being Kole, weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs 12 oz.  I would be fine with any weight.  Well, maybe not in the 9 lbs range.  

I do feel her growing everyday inside me.  I am starting to get a lot of the pelvic, pubic bone pains and it feels like she is hanging low in my womb.  There are days when I feel her way down low like she is about to jump out.  So, yes, my walking and the ability to do lots of housework and such has decreased.  Have I been complaining?  Yes, I admit I have..  Especially in the middle of the night when I have to sloooowwwwllly get out of bed and slowwwwwwllllly walk to the bathroom.  Ouch!!! My bones around my pelvis.....OUCH!!!  I actually walk like a granny to the bathroom---thank God Donnie doesn't have to see this.  And then while walking into the bathroom, I think to myself "Why am I doing this again?"  and "How many more weeks left" or "How many more DAYS left?"  I then walk back to bed and go to sleep.  Oh, and then I have to switch sides.  Another, OUCH!!, OWWW!! moment.  

I have to remind myself, you know this is not that bad and I have had a good pregnancy throughout and say  "Ok, Chris stop complaining!!!  Just STOP"  ...So this is when prayer comes into play. I just declare my scriptures of healing, and say "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  I also have been asking the Father to give me the best 6 weeks left to go as possible.  I want to have plenty of energy to care for my growing tribe.   

In just a few days--around 40ish or so I will give birth to a beautiful baby girl.  We can't wait to see her.  I can't wait to dress her in all sorts of cute girl clothes.  It will be fun.  The girls are already saying how they will fix her hair and dress her.  How fun!!!

Well gotta run... I have to finish laundry!!!

Chris

2 comments:

TulipGirl said...

Have you tried seeing a chiropractor who has a lot of experience with pregnant women? That made a WORLD of difference for me, with the pubic symphysis pain I had -- which was the worst with my fourth. I went from hobbling around to being (mostly) comfortable and able to move just fine.

Christine said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving an encouraging note. :)
I find it interesting that I can hardly recall how hard the 1st trimester was and when you describe how you are feeling now, well it makes me pause and remember! I am trying not to remember what the last few weeks are like. :) That only makes me begin to think about labor and delivery. Yikes!
I do hope you have an uneventful last few weeks and can find a balance between rest and "nesting" tasks.
Christine @ Live to Learn