December 20, 2006

Training our Children

Ugh! The thought of training my children wears me out. Such responsibility and hard work is included in this training thing. Sometimes, I feel like an Army drill seargent. Sometimes, I feel like quitting. There are even those days that I just don't want to train. "Again LORD! Haven't they got it yet." "When are they ever going to learn." "I am really messing up here."

I often wonder if the LORD says this about us? His children. Does HE ever feel impatient? Does HE ever feel like quitting? OF COURSE NOT! HE is God Almighty and our Father. But we can learn wealth of information from HIM. He gives us all the knowledge and understanding we need to train up these gifts he has blessed us with.

As parents, we need to have a vision for our training. A vision put there by God Himself. A vision for each one of our little ones. From the oldest down to the baby. The Bible says in Proverbs 29:17-18 "Correct your son, and he will give you rest; Yes, he will give delight to your soul. Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law, happy is he." I don't want my children to perish and yes I want that REST;that peace in my heart.

So, when our little ones are not making us happy or not giving us the rest the Bible promises, meditate on the good of this child. Think about the vision the Father has showed us regarding this individual. When we feel like quitting or just tired of disciplining for the same offense we disciplined 5 minutes ago for, think about where we want this child to be as a teen or as an adult. We should ask the Lord for the strength, pick ourselves up by the boot straps and go forth with JOY and VISION in our hearts. Knowing we are doing the best for this child. Knowing we are training a champion.

Training can be alot of work on the parents part, but if we are consistent. The result will give us rest and a happy heart. God said it, so it must be True.

Blessings

No comments: