December 17, 2006

Toddlers

Galen. He is my 2 yr old. He is the sweetest little guy I know. He is the first to greet me when I get home from having been out running errands. He yells "mommy" really loud, runs up and hugs his arms around my legs. He is a tiny little guy with a big heart. He is laid back, but if those buttons get pushed (usually by older siblings) look out.

Toddler years can be difficult. The world calls them the terrible twos. But I believe they can be a blessing. I guess it depends on how you look at the two year old stage. These little ones are confused a bit, especially when they are not the babies anymore. They wonder what is going on in this big world. They can't seem to communicate clearly enough to get what they want, so0000...............what do they do----- Scream, yell, throw those tantrums.

Disciplining is a big tool for training. Consistency is the key. Eventually, they will get it. Our roles as parents is to have patience, don't lose our cool, speak with a calm soothing voice, and try to understand these little guys. Don't forget this is such a short season and it will be behind us before you know it. Lean on the strength of the LORD and He will show you glimpses of who this little person is. God, Himself, created Him for a purpose and we as parents need to find out this token. In hopes of it helping with our child training years. So remember, if you seek....... you will find.
Blessings

3 comments:

Sharon Shorter said...

Beautiful, Chris!! Your blog is blessing me. I love you so!! You have matured so much as a daughter of God and a mother. I am honored to know you!!!

Chris said...

All these kind words....thank you.

Anonymous said...

Nice.