December 17, 2006

No Greater Love

"No Greater love has man, than to lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

This was ringing in my head as I was sitting at the Charlotte Web movie last night. Donnie and I took the kids to a Drive- in Theatre. I haven't been to one of these since a little girl. What fun we all had. This was one of our first Hannukah gifts to the family. A side note: Our family incorporates Hannukah with Christmas--I will post later explaining.

Driving down to the theatre, I knew we were going to see this classic story on the big screen. I kept saying to myself, I know the story. The little girl loves the pig and then there is the wise spider. So as I was watching this story come to life on screen I watched how unselfishCharlotte the spider truly was. Then there was the rat Templeton, who I think can represent the majority of all of us. Selfish, always thinking for himself. True love was shown by Charlotte. This tiny little spider, with a huge heart. She saw the beautiful things about the pig Wilbur. She continually spoke words of love to this unloved creature. She loved her friend Wilbur. She did everything she could so he wouldn't have to die. In the end, she died and the pig lived a long life.

How does this relate to scripture and Jesus Himself? The Lord says in the bible we are his friends. Jesus did lay down His life for all of us, so we could have eternal life.

Who would have thought a little story about a pig could speak of the Love of God.

Blessings

No comments: